Solutions For Green We also publish California Green Solutions and a series of blogs about healthy living solutions.
For more sustainable business information, visit CaliforniaGreenSolutions.com for Sustainable Workplace and Green Products, www.SunshineByDesign.com and ~ Movie Industry Marketing for Indie Filmmaking Tips Arkansas Pet Services ~ BLTNetwork.com for Lifestyles ~ Home and Garden Habitat, Organics and Sustainability
Frogs and Toads in Your Backyard
I bet you have seen a frog or toad in your backyard or neighbborhood. Right? We don't normally think of amphibians as "wildlife" to nurture and provide habitat for -- but it can be fun, rewarding and essential for a balanced ecosystem.
Learn more about the frongs and toads in your area by checking the habitat available, and making sure it is inviting to these valued members of a healthy enviroment for all of us.
* Build a permanent rock pile, log pile, and/or brush pile in the shade.
* Leave fallen logs on the ground, letting them decay naturally.
* Leave some leaf litter on the ground or in your planting beds.
* Create a "toad abode" with a shallow dish of clean water next to an overturned clay pot.
* Do not use fertilizers, insecticides or herbicides in your landscape.
* Keep your cat indoors.
Visit the U.S. Geological Survey's Patuxent Wildlife Research Center web site:
Subscribe to National Wildlife Federation's "Habitats" newsletter of their Backyard Wildlife Habitat (TM) Program. Their Winter 1999 issue covered a wide array of information about Amphibians.
National Wildlife Federation
For more articles about INSECTSLady Bug Invasion
Moths and Nightlights
Bees in the City
Insects are busy little critters
Earth's Most Successful Life Form
Keeping ants in nature