Naturalists & Heroes
Nature Art & Illustration
Nature Films & Video
"Every child should have mud pies, grasshoppers, waterbugs, tadpoles, frogs & turtles, elderberries, wild strawberries, acorns, hickory nuts, trees to climb, animals to pet, hayfields, pine cones, rocks to roll, sand, snakes, huckleberries and hornets – and any child who has been deprived of these
has been deprived of the best part of his education."
-Luther Burbank 1849 - 1926
Solutions For Green We also publish California Green Solutions and a series of blogs about healthy living solutions.
We don't share your information with anyone else. We ask that parents subscribe to the newsletter. We respect our community's children. We believe we are part of "our village" and need to care for one another.
For more sustainable business information, visit CaliforniaGreenSolutions.com for Sustainable Workplace and Green Products, www.SunshineByDesign.com and ~ Movie Industry Marketing for Indie Filmmaking Tips
Arkansas Pet Services ~
BLTNetwork.com for Lifestyles ~
Home and Garden Habitat, Organics and Sustainability
Natural Medicinal Plants
The medicines which can maintain our health and well-being, cure our diseases and assist us in emergencies grow all around us - we only have to know where to look.
You can learn at your computer right at home!
We are fortunate that a growing number of herbalists draws= upon their own hands-on, practical use of the plants, as well as incorporating centuries-old practices of the Native American and Chinese Traditions.
It's important -- and interesting -- to identify and use the plants that grow right in your yard and in nearby forests and fields that are readily accessible in most areas of the country. It's helfpul to take class if you are just beginning your journey with natural medicines.
- You can easily learn how to identify common medicinal plants which can be used for a broad range of illnesses and injuries for people and animals.
- How to gather and process the plants.
- Historical uses of these plants.
- How to make salves, oils and first aid mists with your plants.
Natural First Aid , covers natural approaches to common emergencies and how to put together a natural first aid kit. Whether beginner or seasoned herbalist, when you complete this course, you will have skills that could save your life or the life of loved-one!
- This course you give you a complete natural first aid manual to help you assess an emergency situation and decide on the appropriate action and remedy. Emergencies with animals will also be covered.
- How to put together a natural first aid kit. This includes not only remedies which you can buy
ready-made, but how to make our your own with the plants growing around you.
- The complete Red Cross Emergency First Aid handbook and
a Natural First Aid manual could also be very helpful books to keep on hand.
- You will also find an extensive shelf of recommended reference books, as well as sources for seeds, plants and materials at your favorite bookstore.
Good health is a treasure to be enjoyed...at any age. Each age has its own level of energy and flexibility, but your life treasures can be spent with beauty and joy...or otherwise.
The choice is yours to learn through other people's experience, or your own. Active learning is part of your human heritage...a birthright.
MAKE A CHOICE
How can you exercise your birthright of connections with nature?
MAKE A CHANGE
What WILL you do today to move toward your goal? Even one small action today makes a difference. And you can add a little tomorrow and the next day... Together we will restore our environment in our community and around the world.
For more articles about ORGANIC GARDENING
Organic backyard care
Organic Fertilizer Basics