Solutions For Green We also publish California Green Solutions and a series of blogs about healthy living solutions.
For more sustainable business information, visit CaliforniaGreenSolutions.com for Sustainable Workplace and Green Products, www.SunshineByDesign.com and ~ Movie Industry Marketing for Indie Filmmaking Tips Arkansas Pet Services ~ BLTNetwork.com for Lifestyles ~ Home and Garden Habitat, Organics and Sustainability
Seven Things To Know About Green Spaces
As more and more land in the United States is developed, our appreciation for well-managed and maintained green spaces is growing. The term green spaces encompasses elements of landscapes, home and commercial lawns, golf courses, parks and sports turf. The non-profit alliance - Project EverGreen - raises awareness of the environmental, economic and lifestyle benefits of preserving and enhancing green space in the U.S.
Green spaces benefit each and every American in many ways:
1. Cooling: Eight average front lawns have the cooling effect of 70 tons of air conditioning. As overwatering is a much bigger problem than underwatering, automatic irrigation systems, where possible, should be considered for the most efficient watering rates.
2. Cleaning: Properly maintained shrubs, plants and lawns are environmental heroes. Because of their filtering capability, plantings prevent soil erosion, filter contaminants from rainwater, and absorb dust and soot.
3. Saving Money: Planting shade trees lowers attic temperatures by as much as 40 degrees, and landscaping aids in reducing air conditioning costs by up to 50 percent.
4. Increasing Home Value: Not only can a well-maintained landscape add up to 15 percent to a propertys value, but landscaping can speed the sale by as much as six weeks when selling a home.
5. Reducing Noise: Landscaping can reduce noise by up to 50 percent.
6. Healing: Horticulture is therapeutic and improves quality of life. Studies illustrate that hospital patients whose rooms overlook landscapes recover faster and require less pain medication than patients without a view of nature.
7. Increasing Air Quality: A tree removes carbon dioxide from the air and releases enough oxygen for a family of four to breathe for a day.
Project Evergreen: www.projectevergreen.com
For more articles about URBAN NATUREUrban Agriculture for Outdoor Adventure
Earth's Most Successful Life Form
Kudzu Grows a Foot per Day
Meow How? Should I keep my cat indoors?
Habitat on Your Balcony and Garden Patio
Keeping ants in nature where they belong